3.30.2005

loop

"Broken dreams
of broken songs
and
silly songs of
broken dreams
of broken songs..."

The "loop" button is depressed. He mixes in a few vinyl scratch recordings and loops it again. Flipping on his headset, he hits the record button.

As I was walking through the dust
I was seeing through this mist
and though there are many things I wish I'd done
there are things I'll never hate
there are things stuck in this world simply because of fate
and all these jewels sparkle in the river of my time
like the shards of broken glass that once contained my Thai
that liquid land of dreams
that solid flow of songs
I dance upon the ribbon stretching into past and present
and I wait for one to see me to stop my corybantics
there are things I leave to fate
and there are things I'd love to hate
but wherever do my eyes alight
I see only the light
shining through the clouds of sepia sand and airless death
one beam of light
setting safely on a rose growing amidst desert sands
And it's never far from blackness
but it's never lacking crimson
and my hand has yet to reach it
but my sight will never leave it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home