6.02.2005

Summer, Day 2

Jeeze...can't summer relax a little bit?

Okay, so like...I fully woke up at 11, having gone to bed at three last night. I had intended to go to school today and play some Risk, but that was pretty much dead in the morning. I'd actually "woken up" at 7ish to tell my mom that I wasn't going to school and to have a bunch of chores thrown at me. Like buying a bug spray hose attachment and getting the dent out of the car and doing something with a business card (?). If anyone knows what that last one was, let me know. I was too groggy to understand what she said. Anyway, after I'd woke up proper, I internet-whored until who knows when. 1 PM? Whatever. At that point, my sister came home with a friend and I was supposed to drive them to Hawthorne. Oh but whoops, she'd forgotten her jacket on the bus (yesterday she'd forgotten it in Latin class) and her cell phone was in it. So we dilly-dallied. Then we headed off to Hawthorne, and I was convinced to hand my cell phone over to my sister. I left for the nearby Mobile gas station, attracted by the low $2.039 dollars/gallon price. I remember when $1.60 was high. Ah, for the good old days...

But anyway, I pulled up to a pump, got out, and grabbed...an "out of order" sign. Well, to be perfectly honest, it was a sign wrapped around the "Regular" nozzle handle. So I drove to the next pump. Same thing. Next...? Same thing. They were out of Regular gas. BAIT AND SWITCH, I SAY! BITCHES! IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR A "FREAK GASOLINE FIGHT ACCIDENT" SAYS I!

*Ahem*

So I ended up paying $2.129 for gas. I used a twenty to pay for it. I could have saved eighty cents! Well, not really, since I used a twenty. But I paid eighty cents more than a comparable amount of regular gas would have cost. Which would be...hmm...I got 9.39 gallons of Special Gas, whereas I would have gotten 9.8 gallons of Regular Gas. That's a half a gallon of gas! RAWR! I needed something to smooth my ruffled feathers, so I went to Lollicup and spent three dollars (1.47 gallons of gas!) on a Strawberry Banana Snow. Mmm, sugar. So, figuring I needed to find out what the hell was going on, I headed off to Preeti's house. Except that Butterfield was closed down. So I needed to take a detour to get to Rt. 45, which wasn't so bad until I found out that Preeti wasn't home. And then, with Shwin's help, I got ahold of Yao, after notably not getting ahold of Dan or fill. I found out that Jenna was picking up Yao. Inference: Jenna knows where the fckn picnic is. So I go off to meet up with Yao. On the way, I find out that the fckn road I use to get to fckn Yao's house is fckn closed down. Then I drive past it and go down Port Clinton. Which is fckn closed down. FUCK! GRAWR!!! Finally, I end up at Yao's house, going through the Stevenson parking lot(s). Result: Jenna doesn't know where the fckn picnic is, Yao doesn't know what's going on (and half doesn't care because he's playing Yu Gi Oh online) and I just end up zoning out staring at the computer screen.

Then stuff got sorted out. It was long and tedious. We went to Willowstream, where there were proto-sandwiches. You had to make them yourself out of component parts. What the fuck? I want a whole goddamned sandwich, without the crust thank you very much. The end result was that I played soccer, baseball, football, tennis, and probably some other run-around game all without bothering to feed myself, and barely getting enough to drink.

I think that made me angry/depressed/etc. for the rest of the day.

But it was fun - activities included hitting Yao with a batted baseball and messing up his hand in the first ten minutes of practice, climbing the fence-dome thing to get some baseballs, hitting some tennis balls around the diamond, kicking a soccer ball around, practicing batting (I can unreliably hit the ball! That's so much better than never!), going off to play tennis (for a very long time...tennis ain't that hot a game to play, either), and coming back with the rain to play...uhh...rugby-ish? Toss the rugby ball? It wasn't rugby, that's for sure...but anyway, we did that, then kicked the soccer ball around s'more, then it got into a pretty intense (tackle! YAY!) game of football...except using the rugby ball. In the meanwhile, about half of the people left, and I was called by my sister (through Perry's phone...with my phone...) to come pick her up. So I left, dropping DK off on the way, and picked up my sister and her friend, who I was to drop off.

Well, that was complicated. A BUNCH OF SHIT HAPPENED. It took the better part of AN HOUR. I wasted A QUARTER OF MY GAS TANK. We were pretty much LOST. We finally muddled our way to my sister's friend's house and then went home. I was pissed. They didn't have any idea where they were. I resolved to make my sister familiarize herself with local roads and landmarks.

Gah. I was so pissed and dejected when I got home I just lay in bed and listened to music. That helped, as did going over the day's activities. It's weird how I was having a shitty day, didn't realize it because the games were fun, but still experienced shitty day syndrome.

Anyway, I'm out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home