3.08.2005

Phone Conversations

"Yeah, no. That'd be weird."
"You see, don't you?"
"Yeah..." I responded, slowly.

The conversation ended and I despaired over the answer I had given. I could fully see both their sides. I could empathize and sympathize. But I could not reconcile the two vastly differing realities.

I think Abe Lincoln could have. The man was a damned genius.

Logically, it would have been impossible. I mean, what would they have done? Been in love. But what else would they do? They had very little in common. And, while "opposites attract" is a fairly consistent statement with magnets, it doesn't apply equally to all things. Being in love in and of itself was not enough. I stared at a bleak reality. Love was not the unifying force it was cut out to be.

And yet...it was not the answer I knew in my heart. I knew that love was shared by people as vastly different as the sun and the sea. And giving up was not the answer. Giving up on everything never gave anything a chance. So, it could have worked. But then, it could work between everyone, right? If only we gave love a chance.

Chances are risky. To risk something is not logical. Love is not logical. It is not the continuation of peoples' solitary personalities, it is the collision, melding, and acceptance of personalities. It is not something you need a launch pad to get to; it is a launch pad. It is something undefinable to logic that is the starting place for something else. And while something might start and then end, the fault does not lay on either person.

If there was to be fault anywhere, blame could be laid on anything and everything. So let me live my blamed life full of risk. And if I choose not to gamble, I could find my chips slowly being drained away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunwolf said...

How unwieldy this entire post is.

"Love works not through logic, but it does work."

3/08/2005 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home