1.21.2005

Love of the wind

I could stand here forever
and endure the ages like a mountain
crest the timeline like a glacier
I could greet the morning grandly
and let the shadow of the earth overtake me
I could carve the River Lethe like a boulder

I would do all that and more
if the wind did not kiss my cheek as I ran
tussle my hair as I grip the handlebars
tug my clothes as the sun and the stars and the moon
wheel above and wheel below me

She has wiped my tears
as I drew my blade across
the body-strewn battlefield
Her voice has called me to action
as I opened my wings to fly
Her touch has soothed my fears
as I took to flight with my metal wings
again and again

I would that you could see
that I would if I could be
anything you wanted
but for love of the wind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home