9.08.2006

Ping Pong

Alright, you got me.

I'm out.

Short game, a shut out. Seven nothing, maybe seven one, but my point was under contention so the win goes to you. At least my contended point came in the first volley - I made the first shot!

Too bad it lost its meaning throughout the rest of the game.

In the final three quarters of the match, you completely and utterly devastated me. Your play style is confusing; lots of spin, dancing on the edges, and no matter how fast I react, I still can't return it correctly.

Simply bewildering.

I'll be honest though, I wasn't quite straightforward either. I barely played, for one, because I had a feeling you were just kicking the crap out of me for fun. When I served, it was backspin, the ball bouncing high and slow, and you'd just punish me on the return. When I returned, it would miss the table.

I wanted to talk to you after the game, to straighten things out, but I stayed away despite my own wishes. I suppose I was too bitter, hurt, and confused, but none of those are good enough reasons for avoiding you. I think we both could have stood to play better if we talked about the game a bit.

Next time, though, I won't play ping pong with my heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheVerySexyAtom said...

Best two out of three?

9/09/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Sunwolf said...

I don't know if I can risk it.

9/10/2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger TheVerySexyAtom said...

I wonder what playing beer pong with one's heart would do...

9/10/2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home