2.05.2006

I had two dreams

Mark: hola
Brian: hey
Brian: dream!
Brian: I had two of them
Mark: dream?
Mark: I had a wierd one
Brian: set in the same place
Mark: tell me
Brian: very scary
Brian: it was in this maze, see
Brian: and this maze had important societal importance
Brian: there were paintings on the walls depicting a story
Brian: depending on the story, the walls had different textures too, different shapes
Brian: I was this kid
Brian: well, a teen more like
Brian: and you know how teens like to discover mysteries and unveil secrets and stuff a la Scooby Doo?
Mark: uh huh?
Brian: well, the-person-who-was-me discovered that someone close to the seat of power
Brian: an advisor
Brian: was a very bad person
Brian: unfortunately I discovered it in the maze
Brian: by overhearing the guy
Brian: and I started to run, panicked
Brian: which he heard
Brian: I was runnning through the maze, and I realized I had no idea where he was
Brian: or where I was
Brian: and he was taunting me
Brian: sliding through the bushes, running across open areas
Brian: I kept doing stupid things because I was panicked
Mark: creepy
Brian: like, I kept thinking, "NO! WHY DID YOU DO THAT!"
Brian: and I knew he was keeping a tally of my mistakes
Brian: laughing
Brian: he knew where I was
Mark: very creepy
Brian: I think the dream ended when I tripped, came to a stop on my belly
Brian: and then it ended with the knowledge that something sharp and silver went through my spine
Mark: silver huh?
Brian: yeah
Brian: well
Brian: coloration
Mark: ahh
Brian: the second one was interesting
Brian: still frightening, but interesting
Brian: the evil dude was leading a group of officials through the maze, maybe after a social event
Brian: I was this middle-aged dude in all silver clothes
Brian: slight beer gut
Brian: one of those people you think would get tired after a 50yard dashh
Brian: so the evil guy was leading me and some other government officials through the maze
Brian: when, somehow, some clue gave it away
Brian: I think the king was there
Brian: so
Brian: I stated something like, "And the only way ______________"
Brian: and then sprinted surprisingly quickly, put him into a lock and snapped the guy's neck
Mark: the bad guy?
Brian: yeah
Brian: the water on the floor carried me forward
Brian: sliding
Mark: water on the floor?
Brian: yeah
Brian: it was dungeon-ish
Mark: ok
Brian: well
Brian: hm
Brian: I misstated
Brian: I was going so fast in my rush to close distance that I continued on past him
Brian: and slid on the water
Brian: wet floor
Brian: anyway
Brian: I was beyond him and starting to turn
Brian: when I heard his voice ask, ", do you know what gives someone the power of life and death?"
Brian: I ducked
Brian: something swiped over my head, and I ran
Brian: I ran and ran
Brian: panicking
Mark: I thought you snapped his neck?
Brian: yeah, right before I ran, my dream switched out of 1st person for a bit
Brian: the guy was getting up off the floor
Brian: more like flowing up
Brian: it was creepy
Brian: anyway, real me thought, "Dude, this fat guy is so screwed"
Mark: who is this guy? he's like the teacher from INvader Zim
Brian: I have no idea
Mark: hehe
Brian: so I lost the evil guy around a corner and started running
Brian: but the evil guy wanted to play, so he didn't follow idrectly
Brian: *directly
Brian: one difference
Brian: I could sort of tell where he was
Brian: this fat dude had some skillz
Brian: I could sorta tell where the evil guy was
Brian: moreover, I could tell exactly where I was
Brian: I ran with a hand against the wall
Brian: with my eyes closed
Brian: the evil guy's voice came from all directions, but I kept guessing where he was
Brian: I knew it was close though
Brian: I was running out of maze
Brian: he was slowly but surely herding me into a corner
Brian: whoa
Brian: I don't think I realized this then
Brian: but the fat dude let the evil guy see him for a bit
Brian: ON PURPOSE
Brian: this guy's smart
Brian: and then took some shortcut around him to the other corner
Mark: hehe
Brian: but it was finally going to end
Brian: I hit the dirt, paunch and all, around a corner
Brian: in my panic, I didn't quite make it where I wanted
Brian: most of my legs stuck out into the light
Brian: I wanted to be behind the wall
Brian: in the darkness
Brian: surely, the man was only a few seconds behind me
Brian: but I couldn't make any noise
Brian: it would ruin the hiding place
Brian: I fought my heavy breathing and dragged myself forward on my elbows
Brian: it seemed like every breath was a shout
Brian: I don't know if I made it in time
Brian: I think I finished dragging my feet into the shadow
Brian: and the last thing I remember from the dream was the evil guy's voice
Brian: after a pause
Brian: "...Damn."
Brian: and then I woke up
Brian: and I got a drink of water
Brian: and turned on the computer
Brian: and signed onto AIM
Mark: he lost you?
Brian: I don't know
Brian: now that I think of it
Brian: it may be because I led him away from the king
Brian: it's either that or he lost me
Mark: whose neck did you snap?
Brian: the evil guy's
Mark: oh wait, the bad guy GOT UP AFTER YOU SNAPPED HIS NECK?
Brian: yeah
Mark: creeeeeeeepy
Brian: Brian: I stated something like, "And the only way ______________"
Brian: and then sprinted surprisingly quickly, put him into a lock and snapped the guy's neck
Mark: the bad guy?
Brian: yeah
Brian: he was unbelievable
Mark: then you said you misstated and I didn't know what that statement undid
Brian: like an evil demigod or something
Brian: oh, I was describing the movement
Brian: I got no dream-explanation for why that guy was so powerful
Brian: it's just like I snapped some guy's neck
Brian: and it's only through instinct that I knew to keep running
Brian: but it was really cool
Mark: wow you have cool dreams
Brian: the second guy completely outmaneuvered this evil demigod thing
Brian: the first guy got owned
Mark: that inspires a characte idea for a game
Brian: yeah, he's so cool
Brian: he was navigating the maze frikkin blind, man
Mark: well I was talking about the bad guy
Mark: but your character is cool too
Brian: psh, he's a fallible evil demigod
Brian: so he can take a neck-snapping
Mark: lol
Brian: I like the surprise of having this old guy who looks like a useless bureaucrat having m4d skillz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. what a fun dream. i always love dreams like these. :D

what's up with the panicking and running. it occurs in my dreams as well.

i choose not to believe stress has anything to do with me panicking and running in my dream, what could be the explaination for that?

2/06/2006 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home