1.25.2005

to cry

I finally cried this morning. First time in ages. And to think I was poetically horrified by my inability to cry - to think that I was so lucky. It's a degrading process, crying is. It strips you of your exterior and tells you exactly what you fear, what hurts you, what is deep and core to you.

I thought I was going to die. I'll leave the exact sordid details out of it, but let's just say it had to do with my being sick. And now I'm left disappointed with myself. Fear of death? What a poor reason to cry. I tell myself to live every day like a dream that could end at any moment, but now I realize that I've been lying to myself. I haven't lived a dream at all.

My tears proved that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Daria. Greetings from Gaul! I hope you're going to recover in time to do backflips at Turnabout. =P
About crying...you're a brave guy to admit to it! =) And to think you're going to die at seventeen, before you've had a chance to live with meaning, that's horrible and deserves a good cry, I think.
Now get better or I'll kill you. ^_^

1/25/2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger Sunwolf said...

It wasn't even serious in retrospect, which emphasizes even more the fact that I'm a fscking coward.

1/25/2005 7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh. Crying (or admitting to it) and cowardice have little to do with each other. Some people cry just to fall asleep.

1/25/2005 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home